iSight camera very slow after RAM upgrade

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 6825924, Mar 5, 2013.

1. 6825924 Suspended

Hi

After upgrading my mid 2012 MBP's RAM to 16GB I can tell every app that requires the built-in iSight camera, it takes up to 15-20 seconds to load, before it was like 5 seconds.
    It didn't come immediately with the upgrade but I still thinks that's the cause.
    Anyone having the same kind of problem?

Thanks in advance

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Kinda odd problem, but, maybe the iSight is using more RAM now.

What you can do is several things.
    First, test your "new" RAM, you can do so by running Apple Hardware Test, press D at startup and then follow instructions, there used to be a memory test which you can run at startup, memtest if I recall well, but I am unaware if it is Intel compatible.
    Next, try with the old memory if this does not work, but before you do I recommend you to make a new User in User and Accounts, login into that account and see if the problem exists there.

3. 6825924 thread starter Suspended

Whoops, I just found out, after a few weeks searching, the remnants of a downloaded camera app (iGlasses) caused it. Thank you though, it's nice to know how to do a memory test so I learned something anyway!

4. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

So, in fact two Apps were fighting each other, conflict arises, eats resources.
    Good it is solved.