iSight camera

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by roxics, Aug 9, 2014.

1. roxics macrumors regular

Does anyone else want a higher resolution iSight camera on the iphone?
    I don't use the front camera often because it's only 1.2 megapixels. But it's so much easier for selfies, especially when you are trying to take a small group pic.

Usually when I turn the rear camera around on myself and try to take a picture one handed it comes out blurry, even in good light. I'm just too shaky hitting the volume buton or trying to find the on-screen button.

But at the same time I just feel like I am trading off too much resolution using the iSight camera compared to the rear camera. It would be nice if it were 3-5 megapixel and had an HDR function.

I doubt Apple will do this. They just updated the iSight camera in the iphone 5C/5S to the 1.2MP version. They've always been really slow to update these cameras.

2. techspin macrumors 6502a

Sure, but I don't need to see my ugly mug in higher resolutions. :p

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Hmmmm. Maybe that explains why a lot of people seem to take selfies in the bathroom?

4. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

5. AlphaHumanus macrumors 6502

The volume buttons also act as shutter buttons. That can help with searching for the on screen button.

I wouldn't complain if they upgraded the iSight, but there's other things I'd ask for first.

6. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

7. roxics thread starter macrumors regular

You know we used to call these self portraits and no one had a problem with them then. But since the word selfie came about, people act like a new form of photography was suddenly invented. Along with that a bunch of people who hate this new fangled photographic discovery. lol

8. I7guy macrumors G5

Sure, I'll never turn down technical innovation, in the form of better specs. I'll always take more memory, more digital resolution and dynamic range, bigger battery etc, over smaller, less and slower.

9. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Isn't iSight the rear-camera? Don't you mean the "FaceTime" Camera (the front-facing one)?

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

No one had a problem with them because there weren't many of them at all and they weren't all over the place without much of a reason even of a few people did take them. ;)

11. CarmelMacchiato macrumors member

However self portraits were not takin every 30 seconds depicting a persons daily activities.
    Nobody really cares your eating a bowl cornflakes. People have become so self absorbed.