iSight/FaceTime for Mac Pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Woodgrove@macla, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Woodgrove@macla macrumors newbie

I need a nice alternative to iSight for use with FaceTime on Mac Pro. I've tried an old DV camera which works nicely but it needs to be on all the time so that's not really an option. People can't call me since the camera don't switch on by itself. What webcams out there works with FaceTime? Obviously iSight but you can't buy that one anymore right?

2. Vylen macrumors 65816

I'd imagine any webcam that can be used with Quicktime... e.g. webcams from Logitech and Microsoft.

3. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I find the Face Time camera on my new MBA terrible.

I would highly suggest you explore your options for a good third party camera. You will be very happy you did.

4. Woodgrove@macla thread starter macrumors newbie

I agree that should be the case. I have an old Logitech webcam though and it doesn't work. Not even with 3rd party QT drivers. I would like to know which models that are compatible with QuickTime. Anyone here use a Logitech webcam with QuickTime? If so, which model is it?

5. dknightd, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  6. the-quiff macrumors newbie

The XBOX live camera works a treat, plug and play, Only downside is there is no autofocus, But while you sit in front of the camera, why would you need it!

If you buy it with a game, "You're In The Movies - Includes Xbox LIVE Vision Camera (Xbox 360) (2008) - Xbox 360" You generally get it cheaper than on its own.

Matt

7. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

Putting an Xbox camera on a Mac Pro will cause the destruction of your soul!

8. rtrt, Nov 13, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011