Price Advice iSight. How much are they worth?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jethryn Freyman, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

So, recently threads have got me thinking.

What would an original Apple iSight, with original box, manuals, FireWire cable, in full working condition and excellent cosmetic condition, sell for?

eBay is giving me prices of ~$100... mine and that's just for the camera/cables, mine is a near-perfect condition, full set of iSight equipment.

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Which ebay is giving you the $100? US ebay or Aus ebay?

3. Jethryn Freyman thread starter macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

AU site, "International" sellers $75 plus $25 shipping, at cheapest. Not many of then. All, the AU dollar is worth more than the US one at the moment

4. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Last time i checked and it was couple years ago, and they went for about $20-50

5. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

I sold.....

an original iSight with all the documentacion, original packaging and so on, in almost new condition in US $ 100.00, albeit two years ago....

:):apple:

6. rossmosis macrumors newbie

The problem with trying to sell an iSight at a premium price is that the demand isn't really there anymore. With all Apple products already having a better camera installed (except Mac Pro - but the current Apple display has one) people would only be buying it as a collectors item to sit on a shelf and look pretty.

I bought a couple mint condition ones for $10usd each which is about what they are worth - speaking realistically (not factoring in the premium price ALL Apple products carry). While it is amazing paired with my PowerMac G5, after it's retired the webcam wont really have a use. There are MUCH better webcams out there anyway.

7. righteye macrumors 6502

Would isight work with current Macs? , i have Mac pro with Eizo monitor so would quite like one of these.

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Yes, they work with an Mac running 10.2.8 or higher with a FireWire port. I believe they even work with Windows.

9. righteye macrumors 6502

Cheers:)

10. rossmosis macrumors newbie

What I really like about them is the mechanical cover that goes over the lens when you twist it. After all these news stories about people spying using webcams it provides peace of mind.