isight/ichat problems

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
Ever since i update to .8 my ichat/isight haven't been working. When i connect to the other person the furthest it goes is starting video chat... blabla...and it goes on forever.... I turned off the firewall etc....
Anyone having a problem?
Thanks

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
puckhead193 said:
Ever since i update to .8 my ichat/isight haven't been working. When i connect to the other person the furthest it goes is starting video chat... blabla...and it goes on forever.... I turned off the firewall etc....
Anyone having a problem?
Thanks
Is this other person using ichat? If they are AIM then it might be a bug. Are both of you up-to-date, have repaired permissions, and installed fireware updates to the iSites being used?

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
varmit said:
Is this other person using ichat? If they are AIM then it might be a bug. Are both of you up-to-date, have repaired permissions, and installed fireware updates to the iSites being used?
Yup, everything is up to date. The other person is using ichat and all his upates are current as well....

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
puckhead193 said:
Yup, everything is up to date. The other person is using ichat and all his upates are current as well....
Is it definitely nothing to do with your internet connection?

You could try Skype to see if it's an iChat specific problem.

tpjunkie

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
NYC
I had the same problem for a while at my campus, the problem was sort of that ichat couldn't get the bandwith it expected to find and whenever I attempted to start a video chat it would just hang for a few minutes. Audio only takes less and would work, so try that to see if it could be a bandwith related issue.

riwanami

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2003
Tokyo, Japan
I had a similar problem using isight/ichat with a PC user in a different country using AIM and webcam. Turned out that my settings in Quicktime was set to 56kbp modem instead of T1. This solved the bandwidth issue for me, but it may be a different problem for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.