iSight LED on new Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by harv, Nov 25, 2008.

1. harv macrumors newbie

Not sure if anybody else has encountered this, but periodically the green LED of the built-in iSight camera turns on whether or not I'm using it. It doesn't seem to be doing anything bad for the system, but it seems fishy to me... Any help/feedback would be greatly appreciated-thanks!

2. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

That seems a little odd. I recommend calling Apple's support line or visiting the Genius Bar.

3. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

its a common issue with the old macbooks.

first turn off your macbook, then pull the battery out for about 5 minutes or so then hold the power button for about 15 seconds then pop the battery back in.

this should solve the problem of that green light

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

5. PeterQC macrumors 6502a

PeterQC

seems really fishy, indeed. The green light is hardwire to the webcam, so when it comes on, so does the light. As crazy as it sounds, maybe you are being watched by someone else?

6. sporadicMotion macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

... it's Steve Jobs... he has a fetish with watching people and has remote control of every iSight camera in existence... it's been his plan since the Apple II.

Pervert :p

7. danvan21 macrumors regular

this happened to me, i called and then said to ake out the battery, hold the power buttono for 5 secons, replace the battery and do a dble resart. it went away then

8. harv thread starter macrumors newbie

well...

so far, so good. It didn't seem to be working initially, so I tried the double-restart and it's gone well so far. Thanks!