iSight Light Indicator

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kenz0, Nov 5, 2011.

1. kenz0 macrumors member

It keeps flickering on and off every couple of minutes. I have resetted PRAM, my laptop, and anything I can think of. Can anyone give me any insight?

2. randomrazr macrumors 65816

call apple

turn it off and on? (ur computer)

3. Mersailios macrumors regular

When you first turn your MacBook Pro on, does this issue occur while the Apple logo (on a grey background) appears, or only after you've logged in to your account?

4. kenz0 thread starter macrumors member

It occurs after I log on and photo booth, ichat, iMovie, and/or whatever app that uses the camera is not launched.

5. Mersailios macrumors regular

What happens if you create a new user account in System Preferences, log off of your current account, and then log on to the test account? Does the issue still occur in that scenario?

6. kenz0 thread starter macrumors member

I just created another user account to test it out and the green light doesn't flicker. Do you have any kind of solution for this?

7. Mersailios macrumors regular

Are there any login items enabled for your normal account? You can find this by opening System Preferences and navigating to Accounts, select your user account, and then click on the Login Items tab.

8. kenz0 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah there are login items and they are bettertouchtool, smcfancontrol, and dropbox.