iSight not working

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by thesdx, May 29, 2008.

1. thesdx macrumors 6502a

I opened up Photo Booth today, only to be greeted by a black screen. I opened iMovie, and saw the same thing. I then rebooted, and still had the same issue. This has only started happening today. Could it possibly be 10.5.3? It seems like a software issue. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. JunBug119 macrumors 6502

the same thing happened to me after i did the firmware update a couple of weeks ago to my mb. i had audio but no video. i did either an SMC or PRAM reset and it worked. I just don't remember which one i did.

3. thesdx thread starter macrumors 6502a

I reset the PRAM and it's working fine now. Thanks!

4. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

I had a similar thing happen to me not long ago, except my bluetooth went MIA too. Shutting down and starting from a cold boot corrected the issue.

5. brasfil1998 macrumors newbie

brasfil1998

i open photo booth and the screen is green, i can turn on any effects and the normal function results in this green screen. when i take a photo the green screen remains and thats my picture. has this happened to anyone else and how can i fix it? please help.....:(:(:(

6. brasfil1998 macrumors newbie

brasfil1998

that's great! but can u help me about my problem ....yours was all black..mine is all green & what is PRAM & SMC ? I'm new in computer :( please help me....anyone there?
    when i open photo booth and the screen is green, i can turn on any effects and the normal function results in this green screen. when i take a photo the green screen remains and thats my picture. has this happened to anyone else and how can i fix it?.my ichat webcam is functioning well...so the problem is take a photo...please help.....:(

7. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

same with me i find it rather odd that u have to reboot to get things working again

8. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

9. brasfil1998 macrumors newbie

brasfil1998