iSight problem MBA 2013

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by chrregnvald, Oct 4, 2013.

1. chrregnvald macrumors newbie

Hi all

I have recently installed Skype on my MBA 13" 2013. The iSight camera didn't show up, so I searhced on google, and found a method to change the camera plugin, which I did.

Skype worked, and everyone was happy. I installed 10.8.5 supplemental update, but then nothing on my Mac could find the iSight. Skype, Photo Booth and so on.

I therefore changed the plugin to the old one, and photo booth worked again. Skype didn't, so i believe the plugin didn't receive the new update.
    Is it possible to install the update again, to see if it fixes the iSight problem, or do I have to reinstall the whole operating system?

Thanks in advance.

2. Quackers macrumors 6502a

There's an update today which may fix this problem.

3. chrregnvald thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I installed the update, but with the other plugin. The question is, can I just download the update again from Apples support page, or will it kill my Mac?

4. Quackers macrumors 6502a

Oh sorry. I wouldn't have thought the update would be available for download again on your machine. I don't know if you can remove it then try again.

5. chrregnvald thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, it doesn't really show up, but I have the possibility to download it from Apples homepage. I dont't know if it will work.
    Do you think Mavericks will solve the problem, or do I have to reinstall the operating system?

6. chrregnvald thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed

I fixed it by installing the OS X 10.8.5 combo update, from Apples support page.

7. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

yeh same problem after updating via App store, going to try that combo update

8. WillFisher macrumors 6502

WillFisher

I had the same issue, I just did an internet recovery to fix it. Feel a little silly now.