Isight Scare

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by guitarplayer360, Feb 9, 2009.

1. guitarplayer360 macrumors newbie

Hello all,
    I cant seem to find a thread containing what I need to find, so hopefully some of you can help me.

My iSight camera goes on at random times, and I cannot figure out why. Every now and then the green light will shine, and I do not have any apps open that would involve using the camera. I know the chance is slim, but I am worried that someone might have remote access to it. If not, then the camera is just filling up my drive with useless pictures of me.

1)where could i find the pictures it has been taking? I cannot find any isight folder in my directory.

2) is there any way to completely disable the camera?

Thanks alot!

2. tobyg macrumors 6502a

Where did you get this computer? Was it purchased used or brand new? Have you reformatted using the installation dvd's that come with the machine so you know everything is fresh and clean?

3. guitarplayer360 thread starter macrumors newbie

I bought the computer new at a Best Buy. And the notebook is now about 5 or 6 months old. no i have not reformatted.

4. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

i dont know anything software wise, but a simple external solution (for now) is to put a piece of tape over it or something

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2090

Take a look there.

Pretty much, try resetting the PMU and the SMC, and then give a try pulling the battery and letting the computer fully power down.