Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mollztime

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2011
I was on tinychat yesterday and out of no where my webcam (isight) stopped working. When I try to open photobooth this comes up:
Picture14.png

I have reset the SMC & PRAM, but that didn't work. Then I read another thread saying to start in safe mode but every time I try to the little loading gear just continues to keep "loading". Basically just keeps spinning never loading the log in screen.
This is an older MacBook from 2006 and my friend gave it to me because my old computer died.
Also the green light doesn't come on at all.
Help me please?!

discounteggroll

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2006
Greenwich, CT
is this a white/black macbook? I have seen cases where the iSight camera cable slightly disconnects from the camera at the top of (and behind) the LCD. I would not attempt to repair this yourself but rather bring it into an apple store and have the genius bar reconnect the cable. They will also most likely place a strip of tape over the cable to ensure it doesn't back itself out

mollztime

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2011
It's a white one. And like I said it's fairly old. Would they still be able to fix it?

discounteggroll

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2006
Greenwich, CT
you could get a lazy/anal genius who won't do the repair (which it isn't even is) out of warranty, or quote a stupid ridiculous price for them to do it. It really depends on your apple store, and the mood of the genius that you get. Where are you located?

mollztime

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2011
I'm located in Louisville, KY. I'm also worried because I don't have a charger for it, my friend has been letting me borrow his every few days.

mollztime

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2011
Oh and also this thing is really a piece of crap. It never wants to turn on and always randomly shuts off. I hope that doesn't bother them either..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.