Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monke

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 30, 2005
I started thinking about what I wanted/wished for when Apple released a new iSight. I soon got to thinking about why Apple pulled it out of the market.

First of all, I thought the new iSight would (obviously) need to have better resolution and would have to be smaller. Then I thought that a built-in infrared (?) reciever would be nice so that every old Mac could use Front Row. Then it all came to me. Why not pull the iSight out, wait till you release Leopard, and then release a new iSight that will let any old Mac use Front Row?

Thoughts/What is on your wishlist for the new iSight? :)

etienne1102

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2007
control control control

Controls for the camera, including things like face tracking and re-aiming of the internal camera. The built-in is too static

crjeong

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2006
Sydney, Australia
I think Built Ins are a stupid idea for ACDs, people who use two displays wouldn't be able to use the cameras because they wouldn't be even in shot. I think a new external is the way to go. So exsisting Mac Pro/Mac Mini users can use the iSight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.