iSight, with older cinema displays?

coleg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2004
I was wondering if the iSight can mount on top of the older plastic Apple LCD Cinema displays.

Thinking about getting the iSight, and just want to make sure it'll mount.

thanks.

surfsofa

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2004
Bay Area
I had mine mounted on my old Studio 17 display. I used a zip-tie to hold the adhesive disk mount onto the back of the display (there's a slot you can feed it through on the back of the display). Since the back of the display is not a flat surface this helped to hold it firm.

HTH.

Comment

James Craner

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
coleg said:
I was wondering if the iSight can mount on top of the older plastic Apple LCD Cinema displays.

Thinking about getting the iSight, and just want to make sure it'll mount.

thanks.
I used to have a 17" plastic display and I had no problem securely fixing it to the back of the display using the supplied double sided sticky pads.

Comment

wwooden

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
devman said:
You certainly can attach it using the supplied double tape mount. I didn't like that idea so I used one of these.

http://www.dvforge.com/sightflex.shtml
I just checked that website, those guys are coming out with some cool products. I really like the port thing for the iMac G5 and the speakers too! The clips for the iPod shuffle are brilliant, Apple should supply those with the Shuffle instead.

Comment

coleg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2004
thanks guys.

does this supplied adhesive "mounter" leave anything sticky on the display?

Comment

James Craner

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
coleg said:
thanks guys.

does this supplied adhesive "mounter" leave anything sticky on the display?
I have had my iSight for about a year on my old plastic 17" display. I have recently bought one of the new Al 23" and put the old 17" in storage for the moment. The double sided taped came off cleanly and did not leave any sticky residue. In fact it came off so well, I could re-use it to attach the iSight to the new display.

Comment

wwooden

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
James Craner said:
I have had my iSight for about a year on my old plastic 17" display. I have recently bought one of the new Al 23" and put the old 17" in storage for the moment. The double sided taped came off cleanly and did not leave any sticky residue. In fact it came off so well, I could re-use it to attach the iSight to the new display.
It says in the iSight manual that you can remove the tap several times before it won't stick anymore. I know I have done it a few times and it still works well.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.