Isis Dei Sleeves

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bern1812, Jun 23, 2008.

1. bern1812 macrumors member

Any one have any experience with these sleeves? They are made of memory foam which seems like it would provide some pretty good protection for my baby, but since i couldnt see one idk how the fit will be.

I was given a sleeve with my computer from my college. Its a very nice sleeve besides the extra 2 inches of extra space on top and extra half an inch on the side. Im hoping this Isis Dei sleeve will be what im looking for, especially since it was alot cheaper than the other sleeves i was looking at, like the 40$ Tucano second skin microfiber that apple.com has.

Thanks for any feedback

2. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

never had any experience with their sleeves, but i like their keyboard covers. They are thinner and are easier to type on than iSkin's.

3. shoarthing macrumors member

. . after a few crappy neoprene sleeves I got an isisdei sleeve for this 17" pro: quality is pretty good & fit is OK [there is memory foam all round the edge & the zips have to go round a min radius of say 1" or so, so there is a clearance all round].

Memory foam is just sooooo much better than neoprene there is little or no functional comparison. Would recommend . . the only other sleeve I might suggest you think about is the disturbingly expensive but stylish & amusing Moshi Codex . . the thing costs $100 over here, so probably a bit OTT.

4. bern1812 thread starter macrumors member

Well i got my sleeve. The shipping was really fast, I ordered it on Saturday, got it on Tuesday..so not too bad. I really like this sleeve. The fit is pretty good and the construction seems to be pretty high quality. The memory foam adds a little more piece of mind which is always nice. For 20 bucks i dont think i could ask for more.

Though it did smell like paint when i got it..i think it has aired out by now though.

Im happy:)

5. Marc4 macrumors member

So which one did you end up going with?
    And which MBP do you have?

6. bern1812 thread starter macrumors member

I bought the Isis Dei Original black sleeve from newegg.com

Ive got the new Penryn MBP

I think it will serve its purpose to keep my new baby safe inside my bookbag.

7. Marc4 macrumors member

15" or 17" is what I was asking.
    I'd like to know how close it fits, i.e. is there any "wiggle" when the sleeve is closed, or is it very snug in there?

8. bern1812 thread starter macrumors member

I got the 15". Its the first sleeve ive ever owned(never had a laptop nice enough to need a sleeve) so i cant really compare in terms of snugness to other sleeves, but it doesnt move around hardly at all and its tight enough that it can be tough to zip around the corners sometimes.

9. Marc4 macrumors member

Great, thanks for the update!
    I think I'll go ahead and order one as well.