Isit worth buying?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Aimson, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Aimson macrumors newbie

Is it even worth buying a MacBook Air 13" base, or waiting till ivy bridge, when is that due out, and how long till you think it will be implemented. Might buy it now and just sell it if the new one is so good! Or was it till Haswell!

What you lot think?

2. shardey macrumors 6502a

shardey

Do you need it now? If yes then buy it, if no then wait.

Do you realize how many threads are like this. Use the search, and sorry for sounding like a *ick.

3. macfrik macrumors 6502

macfrik

We are not sure when Ivy Bridge is coming out. Might as well buy the base one. It is a good computer still. Personally, I hate this waiting game. If you need it now, get it now. That is the rule of MacRumors Forum. :D

4. Aimson thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I think I will be purchasing it, and of Ivy Bridge is that good ill sell the current one and buy the new one, although of not I'll be licking up a haswell machine!:)

5. fyrefly macrumors 6502a

Ivy Bridge probably won't be in the MacBook Air until May or later next year. So there's still some life left in the current MBA.

6. Aimson thread starter macrumors newbie

More than likely pick one up next week just undecided on the 128GB or the 256GB version, i've heard get 128GB and then sell it and get the new OWC's 6GB ones when they're lower?

7. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

I have the 128GB 13" and it suits me just fine. I keep my movies on an external 2.5" drive that is nice and portable, I'm definitely waiting for a little price drop on the OWC Aura 3G 480GB, should give me the capacity boost I want, the rest of this little puppy easily can last me another 1.5-2 years given what I purchased it for.

8. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Simple if you need now buy now if you can wait then wait, but there will always be better around the corner worth waiting for.