iSkin Keyboard Cover

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JamesGorman, Jan 7, 2011.

1. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Just wondering how many people use them and how you like it?

2. tjb1 macrumors 68000

I had the one that glowed in the dark and such...didnt like it and returned it immediately. The holes for backlight didnt match the keyboard letters, it actually comes out of the recess for the keyboard and lays on the top covering the speakers a little bit. I just didnt like it and didnt think it was worth $30...

3. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

I cant type for crap with it but since i am always dropping crap like food on my keyboard it offers great protection
    :D

4. drambuie macrumors 6502a

If someone is accident prone, I think the best solution, for use at a desk, is to get an external keyboard. That way the maximum you'll be out is $49 for the wired, or $69 for the wireless. Also, you may be able to fix the external KB by thoroughly rinsing it with distilled water.

5. lermal macrumors regular

lermal

I've been using one for a while, and really like it. Keyboard has a little different "feel" but you get used to it.

6. Plater macrumors newbie

Plater

Just bought an iskin for the MBP. I really like it. The only thing wrong with it is that the iskin for 15" overs up about 3 rows of dots for the speakers on each side. I think if they would shorten the sides for just a little bit, then it will be perfect.

Oh, one more thing that is wrong with it. The \ and return key is treated as one key (like the original return key).

I personally like the feel of iskin rather than moshi keyboard guard while typing.