iSkin Pro Touch (Eclipse)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thegoldenmackid, Mar 2, 2008.

1. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Hello,

Just purchased my iSkin Pro Touch Eclipsefor my 17" MacBook Pro.

I have had my MacBook Pro for about a year now, and there has been hair and dirt that has gotten between the keys, and they were removed one, and it was one of the most disgusting things ever. I purchased this for $19 plus shipping and it has lived up to all my expectations.

I purchased the black one, not to make my MacBook Pro looks like a MacBook Air or an old school TiBook, but because iThought that it looked better then the clear, and more professional then the blue. It is made out of rubber, nice texture, the keys are all the exact same as the stock Apple keyboard (except for the space bar which has an "iSkin" logo on the far right side, but not a big deal at all). The rubber is solid, and not see-through so you will lose your backlight features (you can see the green light from the num lock seep through, but other then that no light at all). The cover has collected one or two pieces of lint in a couple of days, but its real easy to get off...

I have two little negatives about the product:

First is that, it is hard to get to at first. The first day I had it, I surely thought that I was going to take it off after three days because I just couldn't handle typing on the computer anymore. However after about 6 hours of use, I became quite happy with typing on it and haven't noticed any noticeable slowdown from my normal typing speed using the MacBook Pro's keyboard.

Secondly, it collets some obvious heat, since the MacBook Pro's heat is supposed to emit out of the top of the laptop. however I turned the backlight on the keyboard off and restarted my computer and since then there has been almost no difference in the heat that comes out. The rubber is a little warm, which is actually nice, but nothing that would make me regret using it (my advice - turn the backlight off).

I would give this a 4.5 out of 5, It's cheaper then my InCase iPhone case, it does its job, its dishwasher safe and it looks good.

2. Mantasis macrumors member

Hmmm, I might consider getting this, probably search ebay though.

3. matperk macrumors 6502

I just got one from the Apple store today (clear though, because I like the backlit keys). So far I like to rubberized feel it provides and this cover is much better than the one for the old apple wireless keyboard. I had that one for about 3 days and it was difficult to hit the space bar so I had to get rid of it. We'll see how it goes after a day of use tomorrow.

4. rsm5068 macrumors regular

5. fireloss macrumors member

I got one that's for 15" Powerbook for the Macbook Pro. I wonder if it is the same one? It feels like the cover is too high compared to the keyboard.

6. senorfrog97 macrumors regular

I'm interested - can you post pics? I'd like a better view than the website.

7. soccerjoe5 macrumors regular

i've got to say it looks friggin cool, i'd want a black keyboard skin. BUT i just CAN'T lose the keyboard backlight. i've been searching all over the net and can't find a black keyboard skin that let's the light through. :(