iSkin ProTouch

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Tigercat212, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Tigercat212 macrumors regular

I was thinking about getting this for my new Blackbook. Does it really stand out? Is it easy to type with it on? Does it come in black for Macbooks?

Thanks guys!

Tigercat212

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

its ok i guess

i think it would only be good if you eat over your keyboard a lot...or if you hands sweat when you type lol

in that case...thats just gross

4. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

I like how the black keys look on the white MacBook... however it probably looks and feels like crap in real life.

I guess it's worth it if you plan to be making a mess while using your computer...

5. Igantius macrumors 65816

There's a thread here that'll give you some feedback - http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=540157

There's been quite a few people here commenting on these covers, so it would probably be best doing a search.

Generally, feedback about this make is very positive.

Personally, I prefer the feel of typing using these covers, rather than the nake keyboard. Also, they dampen the sound of keys being depressed quite noticeably, which is handy if you're in quiet public areas and wish to be considerate.

No matter if you've just washed your hands, when your skin comes into contact with something, oil to a degree will be left behind. When a laptop is closed, oil that has been transferred from your fingertips to the keys, can then be then transferred onto the screen causing it stain. Of course, one can could get around this problem by wearing gloves...

Although you might not be mucky, those around you maybe - in the above link, one poster reports his MB being protected when his baby decided to throw a drink.