iskin Residue from Keyboard cover on macbook pro screen issue HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spekerol, Sep 20, 2009.

1. spekerol macrumors newbie

Hello guys and those experienced with this forum, I have a high end macbook pro, one of which i pamper regularly.
    I normally leave the iskin pro arctic frost keyboard protector on it when it is off or in sleep mode. Upon cleaning it i notice when i wipe with the Iklear cloth that you put the spray on, that i can see an impression of the keyboard key and shape of the Iskin faintly in the screen also 3 or 4 vertical lines that run parallel of each other across the screen.

I will now never leave the Silcone cover when it is closed. I have almost wasted an entire bottle of Iklear on it and it will not come off. The only time it does not show is after it dries and i polish it only then can you not see the impressions.

The only time again that it is visible is when i spray the cleaning liquid on the cloth and wipe or the screen. Is there any advice or other compound I can use to totally remove this oil residue or impression so i do not see it when i wipe the Iklear cleaner on it. Please only experts or people that have been thru this and resloved it reply.

thanks

S. Pekerol
    Macbook pro 2.8 User

2. CoolJoe57 macrumors newbie

CoolJoe57

As to spekerol, I don't have any way of removing it, since I don't have experience with iskin. BUT, if it helps, on my screen there is a very faint imprint of my keyboard when looked at from different angles and I don't even have a keyboard cover. To remove it I slightly wet a microfiber cloth, and keep stroking it for a while since I don't want to put to much pressure on the screen. Try stroking it for like ten minutes and see if it comes off.