iskin revo any good?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sr5878, Jan 17, 2008.

1. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

hey

ive read a lot of the case threads, and i've also read some reviews on apple.com. i don't want to scratch or scuff my iphone with a case like the incase one.

is the iskin revo a good case?

thanks.

2. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Its a terrific case and does very well for most users. Most of them have done away with the hard acrylic face shield as it gets in the way. Also has a holster if you like to carry the phone on your belt. Does not stretch out. A little slick with silicon powder in the beginning but it wears off. The big downside is the port protection which is a little loan piece of silicon and as most, mine has been lost or it ran away.

This seems to be fixed in a new case called the "FUZE" which will be released next month for the iphone. It was revealed at MWSF. Here is a brief article:

http://iskin.com/press/press_releases/macroworld.tpl?cart=12006053423193617

Hope this helps...Good Luck

3. sr5878 thread starter macrumors 6502a

polycarbonate? doesn't sound like a 'replacement' for the revo, but rather a hardshell case. i haven't been able to find pics anywhere.

4. solidgoldmini macrumors regular

I've had an iSkin Revo since they were released and I think it's great. I do use the plastic cover since my iPhone lives in my pocket and I feel more secure that with it on I won't accidentally bump into something and hit the screen or a stray key or coin won't hurt it. As I said I keep it in my pocket, and I really haven't had a lint problem. It does attract a bit in the opening for the earpiece, but it's so minute that a quick wipe is all you need to take care of it. I do like that it's fully protected, and you do have the options of adding a bit of color (blasphemy to some, but still pretty nice).

5. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

I had an iSkin revo and pretty much hated it. If you are someone that puts your phone in your pocket, I don't recommend it. I take my phone in and out of my pocket A LOT and the case does not slide in and out of the pocket smoothly. The case also attracts quite a bit of dust. Also, the privacy screen that comes with the case is a nice idea, but IMO it makes the screen too dark. I would take a good look at multiple cases before buying one. I like switching cases often and have had 7 cases since June. Out of all of them, the iSkin revo is my least favorite and one I probably will not be using again.

6. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

ugh, I'll sell you mine as I only used it for a day. If you're worried about scratching the screen, just get the crytal film. I've had my iphone for about 6 months without a case around the body and nothing has happened to it. The phone feels bulky with this case and unless you plan on using the incredibly thick and unclear film they include, the space between the edge of the screen and case will get loaded w/ dust. From what I've heard, the other cases are decent as long as you don't regularly take the case off.