iSkin REVO does fit new 3G iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by logicpro7, Jul 14, 2008.

1. logicpro7 macrumors 6502a

Just picked up my shiny White 16GB iPhone today :D

After getting out of the Apple store i got my wife to try her pink iSkin REVO case and it fits very well! Better than i had expected, fits nice and snug and looks like it was made for the 3G.

So i went back in and purchased the 2G blade blue REVO for it.

I will post up some pics if anyone is interested in how it looks.

2. 0wen macrumors newbie

I am interested in seeing some pics. I assume that the visor cover does not fit.

3. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

that's great news. I really like the iskin case

4. logicpro7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The visor is a tight fit, so i would say no it does not fit properly.

I will put some pictures up tomorrow. Although very happy with the fit of the case and i am verrrry fussy :D

5. Hockey man macrumors newbie

Hockey man

Really?????????

That is weird that it fits cuz iskin is making a revo for the 3g. On there homepage it says something about a revo/I]lution

6. logicpro7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just had a look at the iSkin website. That new 3G case looks nice from the picture on the main page.

Will certainly order one when they become available!

7. meagain macrumors 68030

So does the old Incase Rubber one. Fits great.

8. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

Awesome i have my revo but not my 3g yet. So glad I will have a case that will work till i see something else i really like. And I never use the visor anyways.

9. marc8773 macrumors newbie

Just wanted to let everyone know that yes, it does in fact fit and I was pumped about that too. HOWEVER, I've noticed that the iSkin seems to be confusing the 3G's sensors. In other words, you know how when you place the phone up to the ear the screen turns off and then when you remove it from your ear it illuminates? For whatever reason the screen actually ends up staying on when held up to my ear and then turns off when I move it away! Its not the phone because I've tested it "naked" and with another type of case.

I'm really disappointed about this but it looks like I may have to find another option.

10. robgraziano macrumors newbie

Iskin with 3G

Guys, I agree the iskin Revo fits well with the new 3G. I had the same problem with the Light sensor and read that unlike the old iPhone the 3G has 2 light sensors. If you take the phone and look at the face of it in the sunlight you can see the new sensor to the left of the ear mic. If you look at one of the new skins on Apple's web site you will notice that one of them that partially covers the face of the 3G like the iSkin has an extra hold to the left of the ear piece hole. I took a hand held paper binder hole maker and made a hole to the left of the ear piece hole. It's about half way between the edge and the ear piece hole. Line it up. It solved the light problem and it looks and works great. Hope this helps. Good luck.

11. tampaappleman macrumors newbie

Does not fit correctly - visor won't hold on if mounted on the back

It is true that the old iPhone case fits the new 3G as far the fit of the case itself is concerned. However placing the visor on the screen takes a second attempt to make it stay fit and there is now way that same visor stays in place when you try to place it on the backside of the new iphone.

Don't be fooled and buy old cases for new iPhones 3G.