iSkin Revo2 - Ozone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by noobinator, Jul 2, 2009.

1. noobinator macrumors 68040

I just picked one of these up and it's a nice case but overall I'm not sure it's going to be use all too often.

First issue I have is that dust/lint collects around the edges of the touch screen where the silicone meets screen. It's really annoying and it's hard to clean since brushing it with a rag just makes it pile up in the corners.

Next issue, the sleep/wake button is hard to find. It takes me a few tries to hit the button now since it's buried under silicone. I use this button more quite often and this is getting annoying quick.

A small issue is that it's hard to get out of my pocket! It clings to the fabric a bit too much and my pocket goes inside out 90% of the time when I try to remove the phone.

Some good things: The Ozone color looks great with a white iPhone. It feels like I'm getting decent protection with the silicone case. Could probably withstand some small drops. The hard detachable screen is nice when I have my phone in my pocket and don't plan on needing it for awhile but I don't think I'll be using it much because I don't like having to attach the thing to the back or carry it around when I'm not using it.

Overall nice case, just not for me. So far the cases I have are: Switcheasy colors, Power Support Air Jacket and an iSkin Revo2. Guess I'll try another!

Any suggestions? :)

2. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

3. derek320 macrumors member

I have the iskin revo2 for my black iPhone 3g, I've had it since February and just recently stopped using it for a few reasons. It collects a lot of dust, It like you said collects dust in the corners off the screen when trying to clean it. Also, after a few months of use, both the sync port cover and the headphone jack cover are starting to tear from the case. I used the plastic screen cover for about a week, then got sick of it and haven't used it again. It was a nice case at first, but now it has become annoying with its flaws, I stopped using it about 2 weeks ago and am loving the bare iPhone. I am probably going to get the Speck Candyshell now.