iSkin Solo reviews

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by UnLiMiTeD558, Jan 1, 2010.

1. UnLiMiTeD558 macrumors regular

Hi, sorry for making another thread, i want to start fresh, i have been reading up on cases for HOURS, trying to find one that suits my needs. Ive come come down to the iskin solo FX. Before i make the purchase i would like to see who else has this case and what they think of it.

Reason for choosing it is because, its not a dull case case, not a shiny one that will scratch easy, it can easily be removed when needed and offeres half decent protection withot being bulky.

This seems to be a popular case, i was wondering what current owners think of this case after getting it and having time to use it.

thanks

2. Confessions macrumors newbie

I got my solo fx 2 weeks ago and I love it, absolute favorite case. Matte inside doesnt scratch your phone at all, gives enough protection and the colors are great. My only complaints are its a fingerprint magnet and the mirror screen protector scratches easily.

3. UnLiMiTeD558 thread starter macrumors regular

yea im not gunna use a screen protector, my buddy has had an iphone for over a year, thing gets abused, no case for it and the outside of it is all scratched but the screen is still perfect. If it can last through how he treats it, it will be fine with me lol.

All the colors for it look nice, im not sure which one to get lol. I take it that the all the iskin solo models, like the fx and fx se are all made of the same type of material so they all would hold up the same?

4. SuperKat macrumors regular

Nice Case

It's a good case. I have a white one so it gets dirty at times but it's so easy to clean.
    Doesn't collect too much dust either.

5. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

What color iPhone do you have? That'll make a difference in how any color's gonna look. Personally, I have a white 3GS and have used both red and blue Solo FX cases and am waiting on an orange one to show up in the mail (maybe tomorrow), so I'm obviously a fan of the case. I've had my iPhone in a wide (disturbingly wide) array of cases since I got it (LD), and the back is pristine. There isn't a mark on the thing anywhere. Unfortunately, I did discover a very small scratch on the screen (no screen protector) that I can see when I hold it at an angle to the light and search for it, but only then. That doesn't mean it pisses me off any less, of course.

The other similar type case I've tried and loved is the Incipio NGP. I tried that one mainly for the differing color choices than the Solo offered and have both the pink (magenta) and emerald green. Both are gorgeous and have no watermarking whatsoever. They offer the same amount of protection as the Solo and Solo FX.

6. UnLiMiTeD558 thread starter macrumors regular

does the solo have any sagging issues? scratching issues? Im getting a black iphone this week.

Buddy who stopped by said these cases are horrible and dont last

7. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

8. UnLiMiTeD558 thread starter macrumors regular

im lookin for long term durability of these skins. Do they sag over time, rip, wear out, any of those things.

9. psywzrd macrumors 68030

While I really liked the looks of the black iskin solo fx se I ordered from Apple, I ended up sending it back because I found that the buttons were too hard to press. It also bubbled my screen protector badly but I probably could have rectified that issue by applying a new protector and making sure that it was perfectly centered (mine is close to perfect but not quite). The button issue was a dealbreaker for me though - it really made the buttons (especially the power button) difficult to press.

Just something to keep in mind when considering this case.

10. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

None of mine have shown any evidence of sagging or becoming deformed over time at all.

11. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Case is good. No sagging for me, but I've noticed that it has held dust against the chrome and has some pretty obvious scratching on my phone. Not a big deal, I guess. The plastic is perfect still, and I can matte-chrome the metal later if I want. Good protection and not a hassle at all.

Only problem is because of the somewhat tacky surface, it's not super easy to get in and out of tighter pockets. But it's not horrible, either.

12. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Both my Solo FXs and knockoffs are still in the exact same condition as the day I bought them. That, to me, equals "lasting."

13. yentrog31 macrumors regular

yentrog31

its a great case..I have Solo clear and looks great w/ very good quality..I use that and my new Switcheasy Vulcan and use them both.You will like the iSkin solo it dosnt stratch and its easy to keep clean.good luck...

(I have many cases and I gave up on the slider cases as the do stratch up the phone a bit)

14. iroxtar macrumors member

ngp vs iskin solo?

Hi, what do you all think is better?

Incipio NGP or the iSkin Solo?

To me, they are exactly the same except the that design on the back of the iskin solo. Does anyone that has had experience with both cases know which is thinner? Which do you prefer overall?

I recently ordered an iSkin solo in translucent blue, and just found out about the Incipio NGP a few hours ago.

I hope I don't regret not ordering the NGP.

Thanks in advance for any and all comments! :)

15. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

16. alamperti macrumors member

alamperti

My iSkin solo review, italian language sorry, but there are some live pictures of the blue version of this great case. Cheers :)