iSkin solo Smart + Incase Magnetic Snap Case = ???

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by anthrovisual, Apr 30, 2012.

1. anthrovisual macrumors regular

I'm hoping a hybrid exists of two cases, the iSkin solo Smart and the Incase Magnetic Snap Case.

http://www.iskin.com/newipad/solosmart/
    http://goincase.com/products/detail/magnetic-snap-case-cl60137

I desire a case that is as protective as the iSkin solo Smart if not more (provides some protection if the iPad does a faceplant and coverage of all 4 corners and sides), but also has magnet locks for the SmartCover that provide at least 3 viewing angles as the latter case provides.

I have also seen in other posts that some are adding their own magnetic tape to get this second feature, so I guess if nothing else, I am looking for something as protective if not more than the iSkin solo Smart case. But really, I would rather not add my own tape but have that built in.

Does such a case exist or am I going to have to roll my own?

2. echos macrumors newbie

Are you planning to use a screen protector? If so, I would suggest a PC Back case instead of the gel ones cause the lip of those cases does not work well with the screen protectors.

3. anthrovisual thread starter macrumors regular

Good point. I do plan to use a screen protector and have not thought about that.

My concern with a PC back is whether it provides some sort of coverage in case the iPad does a face-plant. Are there PC backs that provides this protection? (I understand they wouldn't be able to provide much since they have to make room for a Smartcover but a little is better than none.

4. echos macrumors newbie

Yeah, if protection is your biggest concern, the soft cases are probably better since it absorbs the power of the collision better, like the KaysCase smart solution soft case I bought by mistake. iSkin Solo Smart is a beautiful case. The only thing I don't like, is that it locks the smart cover. I wonder if you can take smart cover off without taking off the case, since it's a softer lock.

5. anthrovisual thread starter macrumors regular

The video on the iSkin web site gives me the idea you can take the SmartCover off without taking the iPad out of the case, but you probably would not want to do it often. It snaps in and would require tugging to snap out (again, judging by the video).

I'm not really sure how I feel about the SmartCover lock-in. Right now I'm willing to concede to a case that locks in the SmartCover or has one built in as long as it meets my main two criteria: the most protection a thin case can offer with a SmartCover-like cover, and the three-angle magnets on the back.

6. anthrovisual thread starter macrumors regular