iSkin Solo, Switcheasy Vulcan, or Caze Zero 5???

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TheBrainMcClain, Dec 9, 2009.

1. TheBrainMcClain macrumors member

TheBrainMcClain

Which of the three is the most protective/covers the most of the phone? Which one looks better and resists scratches more? Which one has the least watermarking?

What is "watermarking?" I can't figure out what that word means in the context of clear semi-soft cases.

2. gunzmaiet macrumors regular

watermarking like the otterbox defender screen protector,
    like [​IMG]

3. zdblue11 macrumors member

zdblue11

+1 for vulcan because i personally want to try it out myself
    between solo and zero, i'd go solo

4. patnshan macrumors newbie

I use the iskin isolo, my wife uses the isolo fx. We really like the cases. I haven't seen anything I like better. the isolo comes with a clear screen cover and the isolo fx comes with a mirrored one.

Pat

5. Confessions macrumors newbie

Struggling with this too, the iSkin looks great but I like showing the back of my iPhone and it's too soon to say if the vulcans comparable imo.

6. neonbright macrumors member

gunzmaiet try a little baby powder on the inside of the screen, use a clean finger and very lightly dust the screen and wipe lightly with tissue.

7. iPhoneStore.com macrumors newbie

8. gunzmaiet macrumors regular

i was using to show watermarking... i dont have a defender

9. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I've used iSkin Solo FX and several knockoffs, as well as the Incipio NGP case. No watermarking whatsoever on the iSkin or NGP, and some watermarking on some of the knockoffs (only the ones that have a pattern of concentric circles around the Apple logo on the back--the watermarking was right over the logo. The knockoffs with other patterns like diamonds, weave, etc., were fine.)

10. yentrog31 macrumors regular

yentrog31

I have the iSkin solo clear and its a fantastic case..shows off my skin on the back w/ enhancement..and Ive had the Vulcan smoke for about 2 weeks and its a great case as well..they both fit perfect and no watermarks....buy w/ no regrets...glta

...and thx for that review nyc!

11. iroxtar macrumors member

is the incipio NGP as thin and tight as the iskin solo? whats different about them? I just got a translucent blue iskin solo and im totally lovin it. just wonderin bout the NGP, kinda looks similar. do they both feel the same?

12. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

I got the Vulcan for Christmas and it's the best case I've ever used. I previously had the Switcheasy CapsuleNeo and the headphone jack and dock plugs would work themselves out pretty easy. They stay in very well on the Vulcan.

No "watermarking" that I've noticed. I didn't apply the screen protector though. The material they use is a cross between silicon and hard plastic.