iSkin Solo vs Belkin Grip Vue??? IP4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jinny11, Sep 1, 2010.

1. jinny11 macrumors newbie

Hi as the title states..

i would like to know which one is better or you guys prefer...

i'm looking at the darker colored model for the cases....

do they also offer drop protection??

2. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

Their both basically the same thing. Both are TPU. The only real difference is that the iSkin has some kinda microban technology thing which supposedly eliminates germs plus the iSkin have thicker sides on the back.

edit: And btw both of these cases are having problems with the sleep wake button being pushed, but iSkin is giving out free replacements starting this month (and you don't even have to send the old ones back!)

3. jinny11 thread starter macrumors newbie

so they offer same protection/feel??

do you know which one has a better cut and quality??

Thanks

4. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

Both are exactly the same. As I said the only difference is the iSkin has a little back design on the bottom sides and those parts are a tiny bit thicker than the rest of the back, supposedly because thats usually where it hits when people drop their phones.

5. jinny11 thread starter macrumors newbie

maybe i shouldnt have bought both if they are indeed the same??

:(:(:(:(

6. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

They are definitely not the same! Let me start by saying I had the iSkin Solo for my 3G and it was by far my favorite case. When I got my iP4 the Solo wasn't available so I picked up a Belkin Grip Vue and didn't like the fact that it was clear but I needed a case before I left on vacation.
    The first problem I had with the Grip Vue was the power button was way too sensitive and kept turning on the iP4. This was easily fixed by shaving a little bit of material from the inside of the button area. It now works perfectly. The other problem that is more noticeable now is the case is yellowing slightly.
    The Solo is a POS in my opinion. it is very flimsy compared to the 3G version. It has two notches in the upper corners that will eventually tear. I wonder if they'll cover tearing as part of the life time warranty? The quality is bad. The cutouts for the mic/speaker have flashing from the die cut so the hole are not clean.

7. ilgaspa macrumors newbie

Anyone knows if the grip vue and the skin solo can be used with front+back film on the phone, or if the phone won't fit anymore inside the case, causing the film to bubble?