iSkySoft HD Video Converter Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NeverhadaPC, Jul 20, 2010.

1. NeverhadaPC macrumors 6502

NeverhadaPC

Hi guys and gals,

I have bought a new HD camcorder Panasonic HDC-TM700 with the 1080/60p options. I have two options:
    1. Record in 1080i (not 1080/60p!) and import via iMovie/iPhoto.
    2. Record in 1080/60p .mts (AVCHD) format, convert to iMovie-accepted format, and import into iMovie/iPhoto.

The first option is a last resort as the 1080/60p looks beautiful. So, I would like to hear about methods in which I may convert the .mts files quickly and robustly. I have tried using Handbrake but it does not work properly with the converted files being choppy.

I would like to use iSkySoft or Wondershare video converters (35-40 dollars) but if there is a free converter that does a great (quick) job, I would like to hear from anyone.

Has anyone used iSkySoft or Wondershare before? Any recommendations/warnings about these software solutions?

Thank you

2. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

I haven't tried it with an .mts file, but you might want to check out MPEG Streamclip.

3. NeverhadaPC thread starter macrumors 6502

NeverhadaPC

Thanks for the link, but MPEG Streamclip does not accept MTS files.

Maybe if I install Parallels Desktop, I can take advantage of the PC-worlds converter tools. I am just surprised that Apple Computer, who prides itself as being for the creative minds, does not have a simple app that converts AVCHD to MOV or MP4 format. :(

4. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

5. NeverhadaPC thread starter macrumors 6502

NeverhadaPC

Yes. It loads in the AVCHD file (.mts) and give me a quicktime-style player that looks like it thinks the mts file is an audio file but when I click play MPEG Streamclip (1.9.2) it just runs through the play time with no audio or video.

I am leaning towards installing windows on BootCamp and using Parallels Desktop and an MTS-friendly PC converter to convert my AVCHD file in Windows and transfer the converted MP4 or MOV file to iMovie on the Mac.