iSkysoft Media & Connect360

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Rhosfelt, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

http://www.iskysoft.com/imedia-converter-mac.html

Does anyone else use this program for converting media? I use my xbox to stream media to my TV and connect360 is supposed to handle .MP4s plus H.246's and no MKV and some AVIs. I am looking for a good program mainly for MKV to MP4 and MKV4Xbox is too buggy sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I think it can only handle a certain file size.

**the program given above seems to do what I want it to do, however it is taking very long to complete I will post another update to give a final decision.

***Takes forever because the MKV to MP4 recoding will easily increase the size by 2,000% (ex. 750mb MKV to 12.6GB MP4) these are pretty much unusable on xbox as streaming this would be impossible. Going to play around with the settings in order to get a better time converting and a more stable conversion.

****After a while I was fed up with the slow converts (new settings still take 1-2 hours), so I loaded an episode of Top Gear and took the SD settings in order to have compatibility with Connect360 yet every time I try to load something it gives me an error saying that the format is unsupported and cannot play when it clearly is supported it is just a .MP4 nothing out of the ordinary... I do no understand it and this is very frustrating. Does anyone have ANY experience with converting media (mainly MKV) to work with connect 360?

2. Brokebroker83 macrumors member

My advice: update your xbox dashboard and try out "Rivet". I find I can pretty much play all formats that I have and setup is really simply.

3. Rhosfelt thread starter macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

It isn't my file sharing program that is the problem it is the format of the media that the xbox cannot recognize.

4. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

I'd stay far away. That software is one of the top spammed software on these forums.