iSmoothRun and Garmin issues

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by ftaok, Apr 22, 2019.

1. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

Just wanted to post this for the few folks on here that use iSR in combination with Garmin (mostly to get their data onto Nike).

Apparently Garmin changed something last week that broke iSR's ability to upload data onto Garmin. Their FB page is indicating a fix sometime this week.

That is all.

2. oeagleo macrumors 6502

oeagleo

I use RunGap to move/share workout data between several sites, and last week RunGap stated that Garmin changed the way their logon worked, and killed RunGap. They (RunGap) had a fix out the next day, so it's back working now with the new fix. Not sure if ISR is one of the accounts listed that you can move data to/from, but might want to check it out.

3. Fozziebear71 macrumors 6502

Fozziebear71

I'm interested in what you mean by "mostly to get their data onto Nike". Is there a way to upload workout run info from another app on to Nike Run Club?

4. oeagleo macrumors 6502

oeagleo

RunGap will do this, but you would need the $1.99/Quarter Premium version I believe. Check out RunGap, awesome for moving data around.

5. goat5570 macrumors member

That's good to hear it's a know issue and will be fixed. I was wondering if it was a problem on my end. Thanks for the info.

6. ftaok thread starter macrumors 603

ftaok

There are no apps that can directly export data into Nike. Nike closed their publicAPI a while ago and then killed off the unofficial API soon after.

Neither iSR or RunGap can export into NikeRunClub.

The workaround is to use GarminConnect. There is an official "partnership" between Nike and Garmin where you can link your Nike and Garmin accounts. Anything that gets posted to Garmin, will transfer over to Nike.

Garmin has kept their publicAPI's open, so 3rd party apps can still export data into Garmin Connect. iSR (and apparently RunGap) can export into Garmin, although iSR hasn't issued a fix for whatever Garmin did last week to break the API.

So what I do is to record my runs with iSR. After the run, I export the data to Garmin. Garmin then auto-transfers the run to Nike.

7. oeagleo macrumors 6502

oeagleo

Oops, my bad. I did not know this, I don't use either Nike Run Club, or I Smooth Run, I was just going by the list of "accounts" in RunGap.

8. ftaok thread starter macrumors 603

ftaok

UPDATE - Apparently iSR posted an app update yesterday. Just downloaded and was able to export my last 3 runs into Garmin, which then transferred to Nike.