Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mk313

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
Has anyone else had issues loading their ismoothruns into Nike Run club? I noticed today that none of my runs had transferred over (even though I set up the Nike account in the ISR phone app, so I tried to manually sync them one at a time & they keep failing. I know that my nike id is correct as I've entered it about 10 times into ISR. I also re-entered my credentials into NRC, just to make sure that I have them correct. For whatever reason, I cannot get it to upload runs into my Nike account.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Has anyone else had issues loading their ismoothruns into Nike Run club? I noticed today that none of my runs had transferred over (even though I set up the Nike account in the ISR phone app, so I tried to manually sync them one at a time & they keep failing. I know that my nike id is correct as I've entered it about 10 times into ISR. I also re-entered my credentials into NRC, just to make sure that I have them correct. For whatever reason, I cannot get it to upload runs into my Nike account.
I just went out on my first run this week and yep, I have the same issue.

DAMNNNNNNNN

I do recall this happening sometime last year as well and it sorted itself out. Not sure if Nike did any updated to there system.

NOTE - I tried using the Nike+ Uploader site (https://www.awsmithson.com/tcx2nikeplus/) and it didn't take my credentials either. I hope Nike didn't close whatever loophole that iSmoothRun was using to allow for uploads. Can't stand Nike.

If this persists, I'm just gonna use the stock workout app and RunGap to export to SmashRun. Then I'll manually add my runs into Nike.

I do apologize recommending iSR to you. I guess I should have forseen that Nike would/could pull a stunt like this.
[doublepost=1523644733][/doublepost]I was about to post something on the iSR facebook page and noticed that there's a new version of iSR that just came out on 4/10.

I think I'll give that a try to see if Nike uploading works before filing a bug report.

mk313

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
I just went out on my first run this week and yep, I have the same issue.

DAMNNNNNNNN

I do recall this happening sometime last year as well and it sorted itself out. Not sure if Nike did any updated to there system.

NOTE - I tried using the Nike+ Uploader site (https://www.awsmithson.com/tcx2nikeplus/) and it didn't take my credentials either. I hope Nike didn't close whatever loophole that iSmoothRun was using to allow for uploads. Can't stand Nike.

If this persists, I'm just gonna use the stock workout app and RunGap to export to SmashRun. Then I'll manually add my runs into Nike.

I do apologize recommending iSR to you. I guess I should have forseen that Nike would/could pull a stunt like this.
[doublepost=1523644733][/doublepost]I was about to post something on the iSR facebook page and noticed that there's a new version of iSR that just came out on 4/10.

I think I'll give that a try to see if Nike uploading works before filing a bug report.
With my luck with NRC, it was probably the fact that I switched over to ISR that tipped nike off that there was a work-around that they needed to close.

Thanks for the tip on the new version. I'll give that a shot to see if it works.

Reactions: ftaok

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
No apology necessary! By recommending ISR, you saved all of us continued frustration using Nike's POS app. ISR's Nike+ export was great while it lasted.

In the meantime, Nike continues to take a stinky dump all over those of us who have years of runs logged with their system. And Apple is equally to blame by cross-branding the AW yet not insisting that Nike provide a watch app that actually works.

Reactions: mk313

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Thanks to both mk313 and japanime for not being too mad at me.

anyways, I've updated to 6.0 and Nike function is still not working. It's probably done for good.

I guess I'll just have to manually enter it now.

Reactions: japanime

mk313

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
anyways, I've updated to 6.0 and Nike function is still not working. It's probably done for good.

If it does happen to start working again in a future update & you notice it, please let us know. I won't be using the app going forward, but would like to try it if they are able to fix the nike sync.

Reactions: ftaok and japanime

mk313

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
FYI, I happened to check the app today and they updated the app to note that Nicole has permanently broken the uploading (which we knew) but they also recommended a work-around, subscribe to Garmin Connect, and sync through iSmoothRun to Garmin and connect your Garmin & Nike accounts. I just synced everything up & will give it a go tomorrow.

If I can keep my Nike Run Club account up to date while still storing my data somewhere else, that will be fantastic.

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
FYI, I happened to check the app today and they updated the app to note that Nicole has permanently broken the uploading (which we knew) but they also recommended a work-around, subscribe to Garmin Connect, and sync through iSmoothRun to Garmin and connect your Garmin & Nike accounts. I just synced everything up & will give it a go tomorrow.

If I can keep my Nike Run Club account up to date while still storing my data somewhere else, that will be fantastic.
I noticed that work-around as well. I downloaded Garmin Connect, but couldn't get it to work. Didn't appear Nike+ was even an option for export. If you find out otherwise, though, please let us know.

mk313

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
I noticed that work-around as well. I downloaded Garmin Connect, but couldn't get it to work. Didn't appear Nike+ was even an option for export. If you find out otherwise, though, please let us know.
I was able to get it to work. I downloaded garmin connect, set up an account and linked to it from within ismoothrun. Then I went into the Nike Run Club app, into settings and then partners and connected to Garmin Connect that way. I did a test last night and ismoothrun went right into Nike Run Club. It worked great for me.

Last edited:

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
I was able to get it to work. I downloaded garmin connect, set up an account and linked to it from within ismoothrun. Then I went into the Nike Run Club app, into settings and then partners and connected to Garmin Connect that way. I did a test last night and ismoothrun went right into Nike Run Club. It worked great for me.
Do you have to pay for Garmin Connect?

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast

mk313 - great find. I was able to set up an account and got it all linked up.

japanime - you have to go into the NRC app to connect Garmin to Nike. Be careful, there are actually two separate settings in the NRC app. First, click on your initials in the top left corner. From there, you will find a Settings button. That's where you connect Nike to Garmin.

Just an update for how I've been doing things lately.

The last run I went on, I used the stock Workout app. I wanted to get a VO2Max entry (too bad I sucked and got a bad number, but that's a different story). So I used RunGap to export my data into SmashRun and Dropbox. From Dropbox, I was able to import the data into iSR. Now, via Garmin, I was able to get the data into NRC.

Sheesh. That's too much work. I think I'll go back to iSR, especially since they did a bug fix with the shoes. At least, this way, I'll get all of my data into SmashRun, NRC, and RunGap almost automatically. Hopefully, iSR will also work better with the HR than before. Turns out, even the stock app had issues with the built-in HR sensor too.

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
Fantastic!

japanime - you have to go into the NRC app to connect Garmin to Nike. Be careful, there are actually two separate settings in the NRC app. First, click on your initials in the top left corner. From there, you will find a Settings button. That's where you connect Nike to Garmin.
Yes, I missed that part. Thanks to you and @mk13 for pointing it out.

As much as I now loathe Nike for how they've treated Nike+ users, I still want to keep my 11-year Nike+ history up to date.

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
So, I linked the NRC app to the Garmin app, used iSmoothRun this morning, and the run did indeed get exported to NRC. Great!

Now, so long as Garmin doesn't shut out ISR, we should be able to use this solution indefinitely. (Unless, of course, Nike decides to shut out Garmin — but hopefully that's not going to happen, especially since NRC has officially supported Garmin.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.