isn't it amazing...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by specops, Mar 9, 2008.

1. specops macrumors regular

that i bought my iphone the same week it came out months ago, and instead of decreasing in value...

this bad boy is still increasing in value to me! and in four months this phone is going to be PERFECT.

what do you think?

2. aridon macrumors member

In four months I'll sell my 1.1 base, jail broken phone for a nice profit and buy the 3g version.

3. DJJONES macrumors 6502

i love my iphone. its amazing im surfing the web all the time even wen i dont need to look up anything. actually yesterday my dad was looking up a street on a MAP LOL and i busted out my phone and found the street and directions before he could even find the street on that huge map. the yahoo push email is really cool. the phone is down right sexy. edge sucks but BUT if you get really good signal and have clear skys the internet surfing is pretty good its really annyoying being in school and surfing the web wid safari isnt that fast but keeps me busy during downtime. cant wait till we see apps thats gonna be greats its gonna put some phones to shame allot more!.:apple:

4. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I'm still waiting on them to bring it to Australia! Argh :(

Still, I guess I could just make do with a touch for now...

5. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

PERFECT isn't EDGE, low resolution camera, no A2DP, carrier restriction and bare bones customization. Braggers always fail.

6. specops thread starter macrumors regular

well with the VPN i will have wifi everywhere i hang out home/work/college

low res camera? are you kidding lol tell that to my friends phone cam

A2DP will probably be out with the apps

ive had ATT for years no problems here (i even get a discount)

customization will come with apps

so none of that bothers me... sorry you feel that way... would you liike a shoulder to cry on?

7. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

2MP is low.
    I honestly hope customization does come out with 2.0, although, Apple won't allow people to release apps that customize anything outside of the app.
    And yes please for the shoulder.

8. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

Same, but we seem like a rare breed. I love my iPhone, and i usually swap phones everytime something new comes out. I have no interest in anything new except the iPhone v2.

The iPhone takes fantastc pics. It's all a matter of perspective. You cannot toss out megapixels. There are camcorders with fewer CCDs than others that perform as well if not better because other factors account for image reproduction. I rarely use my iPhone for pictures though. Maybe that's because i have a Casio Exilim for that or my Canon EOS 40D.

9. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I agree, the iPhone was a great investment no matter how you look at it. Once we start getting muchos applications to download, we will all be styling.

Fyi - don't hold your breath on a 3G iPhone until the end of the year. Doesn't really matter to me either way, EDGE is fine.

10. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Quit yer whining. Do you even have an iPhone?

11. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

NO! I was just playing around and pointing out the fact that nothing is perfect. Jeeez, chill.

12. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I'm chill. And I'm all for expression of opinions, but it doesn't make much sense for people who don't even own the phone to come to an iPhone forum and talk about how much they suck because of the features it lacks.

If this isn't what you were doing, then I apologize. But you'd be surprised how often this happens.

13. KUKitch macrumors member

KUKitch

I agree, it definitely happens too often, but I suppose that seems to be the nature of these internets... PS3 is teh suxxorz!!!1!!11! or something like that...

I'm definitely happy with the phone and the coming upgrades that will basically change it in a big way. This is the first phone that hasn't left me wanting for a new one soon after making the purchase, which is awesome to me.

14. JMax1 macrumors 6502

JMax1

all people who make generalizations are silly...

15. FoxyApple macrumors newbie

um how many phones people want out there have high camera rez?

carrier restriction? really?

16. JMax1 macrumors 6502

JMax1

Yeah, it's a pointless argument for anal-retentive, nationalistic cell phoners who care way too much about holding true to their carriers like they are their favorite football team.

17. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

I've never quite understood VPN. How does this work?

18. specops thread starter macrumors regular

Its a program used on computers.

Work places, Schools, Private networks use it on there networks.

Basically its a program you use to log in before being able to access the internet. If you don't have a account(so they can track everything you do) then you can't use the internet.

Right now Iphone doesnt support the VPN my college uses so i can connect to the WiFi but i can't use it! i know it sucks!

But when iphone software update 2.0 comes out it will have built in IPsec VPN support from Cisco (makers of the VPN client) so i will be able to use my schools WiFi!

19. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Really sorry...Didn't mean to come across as a 'hater'.
    I absolutely love the iPhone and see it as one step up from my already incredible iPod touch. I was simply trying to point out that no device is perfect.. and the slight ignorance of him saying that with the flaws that it does have.

Didn't quite expect all the people who are desperately trying to disagree with me (not referring to you). And the people who are like.... "iHPONE IS GOOD BECAUSE IT IPHONE LOL OMG 3g COME OUT L8RR!! A2dp COME NEXT SOFTWARE". I never said they wouldn't add those things, I said they're not there now :) I've witnessed the iPhone experience through stores and through my iPod touch, and I realize the network speeds are extremely fast. So no I don't have an iPhone, but I know what I'm talking about,

And to FoxyApple:
    Yes, carrier restriction. I call one US network with no CDMA version of the phone carrier restriction. One carrier = Restricted.

Once again, love the phone, love Apple, just saying.

EDIT: And also, didn't mean to transform this thread into a mini flame war. Sorry :(

20. specops thread starter macrumors regular

It's ok but i said "perfect" because to me its darn close! i used the term "perfect" losely because well... NOTHING is perfect. So you didn't really need to reply because i knew it wasn't actually %100 perfect.

21. westernmass macrumors 6502

westernmass

:DIf you want to take great picture BUY A CAMERA!!!! as photography is a hobby of mine I am always baffled when people on a cell phone forum complain about the phone. I use the camera in my iphone for fun silly shots or when I am going to the store and need to have a shot of something I want to remeber. If I want a shot of a nice sunset I break out the Pentax K10.

Oh, love the phone and can't wait for the updates. :D