Isn't it exciting...?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iBreatheApple, Aug 8, 2012.

1. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

To see 10.8 Mountain Lion on your system knowing we're just a few short years away from OS 11? I'm trying to anticipate the major changes that will occur but I just don't know... I can't wait to see what the future holds! :apple:

[​IMG]

2. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

I don't usually get excited about things that far away.

3. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I just assume it's going to be en enormous change seeing as how we've been on OS X for quite some time now. I welcome a complete overhaul!

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

You assume too much. When OS X was introduced, we were told to expect it would be Apple's OS for the next 25 years. That's been only 12 years so far, so we're only halfway through the originally expected lifespan for OS X. Don't expect anything to change just because Apple hits OS X 10.9 and you think they then have to go to 11. There can easily be a 10.10, 10.11, and so on (look at any modern program's version numbers, they are not decimals).

Point being, don't hold your breath for the mythical OS 11. It will probably never exist, as they would likely choose a different naming convention by the time it will be released.

jW

5. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

I think by the time there is an OS 11 or equivalent you/we will be using totally different types of computers, it's a long way off yet.

When will they run out of big cat's though?