Isn't it funny how time changes things?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Don't you remember back in the day when everything was pointing to a late June iPhone release date? Then Apple stopped selling iPhones on their online store. Still all good. Everyone seemed to agree that the iPhones would be launched around June 27th.

Now here we are. Close to WWDC. As far as I know there have been no direct signs pointing to an earlier release date in any way. And yet now everybody seems to think they will be relased on the 9th, or the 13th or the 16th... everyone is just getting so anxious that I think they are thinking irrationally. Back in May late June seemed like the appropriate release date.. what has changed?

2. phinnaeus macrumors member

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

it always happens...

People forget the AT&T memo for this year, that is the same as last year. June 27th is dead in the middle of that. Which is why i say, June 27th...

4. cjandnw macrumors 6502

The iPhone 2 unveiled Monday June 9 at the WWDC Keynote.
    The iPhone 2 will be released Tuesday June 10th. :cool:

At least that is my prediction. I had a dream last night that it has some sort of MobileTV also. :confused:

5. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Time does indeed change things. I remember all the mock-ups and discussion about the fabled full-screen iPod...there was a distinct feeling of many wishes being fulfilled when the iPhone/iPod touch came along.

6. oodanner macrumors newbie

Has to do with those shipping containers

What about all of those shipment containers that belong to Apple? Maybe it is not the iphone but, what else could it be? The macbooks and macbook pros are most likely not being updated based on intels latest delays for chips that would be used. I think they have just done really well at covering their tracks this time. Were there any solid leaked pictures of the first iphone weeks or months before it was released? I really don't know that is why I'm asking.

7. corrado7 macrumors regular

corrado7

where can i see a copy of this memo for this year?

8. phinnaeus macrumors member

9. volsfan macrumors regular

volsfan

10. Chrisrokc macrumors regular

I find it strange all the AT&T people on here say this memo is false and so does my buddy. Or at least they haven't seen such thing. :D

11. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

You have to give Apple credit. They have managed to create a public perception of the company that far exceeds anything it actually does.

All other companies can only dream of the entire world (literally) getting in line to buy a product that the company has never even acknowledged the existence of. People see a plain brown box with an apple logo come off a plane or ship and go absolutely nuts. Glad I own stock. :)

12. corrado7 macrumors regular

corrado7

exactly! thats why i want to see an actual copy not just an email from a supposed att source.

those emails can easily be faked.

That boy genius link does not prove that the letter is actually real. sorry

13. phinnaeus macrumors member

Ah, sorry, I see what you mean. And to that end, I agree.

14. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Don't forget that earlier on, several people were pointing towards an Autumn/Fall release date... Then there were possibilities also of a pre-WWDC announcement, for a WWDC release.

15. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Weren't there pictures of the iphone when it was first announced in jan '07?

16. phinnaeus macrumors member

Yes.

17. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I think you see more people saying it will be the 9th because they WANT IT to be the 9th. Nobody likes to wait

There are been several articles posted here claiming different release dates so nobody is sure but the 9th seems the furthest from the real day than any of the others