Isn't it logical for the iMac to come in q3?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by RobinHood5, Jul 4, 2012.

1. RobinHood5 macrumors regular

I've been thinking hard on this subject and have come to a conclusion. The iMacs will be released in q3. Here's my reasoning...

Q1: the iPhone 4s and iPad 3 came out.
    Q2: the new MacBook pros and airs came out. (also a slightly, not really refreshed Mac pro, I'll get to that later)
    Q4: it's almost certain that new iPhones and iPads will be released.

Ok, now... To Q3: I think the iMac and Mac mini will be refreshed.

I don't think that apple would update their mobile line for the second time this year before they update their iMac which is sooo terribly out dated.

If apple released the iMac at or around the same time as their iOS products we all know that the iOS products would get all the attention and the iMac would be pushed to the back. Here's where it dosent add up. If the new iMac is a product that they don't mind being over-shadowed by the iOS products in October (just a slight refresh or something) why wouldn't they release with the release of ML or sometime around there? It really dosent make much sense, if they released it in october it would be barely even noticed even if it is something incredible and deserves attention.

I think they will be here with the release of ML. They already are going to be releasing an osx product and I can't imagine a keynote that they JUST released ML. I personally think they will release new iMacs and minis with ML

I said I would get back to the Mac pro thing. They released the not really a refresh At WWDC because they didn't want their pro users expecting something to come out in July and being really ticked that it does not.

Thanks for reading this loooooong post. This is my theory and how I see it. Let's here what you think down in the comments.

2. chrismahon macrumors newbie

Yup I'm thinking the same thing, can't really see a Q4 release happening as they are definitely going to be announcing a new iPhone and if the rumours are true a smaller iPad, both of which I assume would get their own events so they'd need to be spread out in Q4 meaning little room for a 3rd event.

3. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes