Isn't it not becoming obvious that there needs to be a seperate section on maps?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by angieutc, Sep 26, 2012.

1. angieutc macrumors newbie

I don't think the dialogue is going to die down anytime soon and should have it's own dedicated section.

Anybody else agree? :)

2. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

why? in which case, why not have a separate forum for each and every issue?

it's just not necessary, really. it's all part of ios6, and i, for one, value exploring ALL aspects of the new os in one place...

3. angieutc thread starter macrumors newbie

For the same reason that there is a section for hacks, IOS 6, IOS 5, etc. Maps is a hot button issue deserves it's own section so that those that are keeping up with the situation can have a centralized place to browse.

It's hard to look in the IOS 6 section and every other thread is about maps. Don't get me wrong, I'm interested. It's just that I would like to be able to immerse in the topic at my leisure.

Maybe a subforum: IOS 6: Maps

----------

Way to put my post into oblivion so that nobody sees it and forms an opinion. This board is a joke sometimes. Informative, but a joke.

4. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

Just like we don't have a separate forum for the Retina MacBook Pros. The flood of threads will start to die down. Maps will be fixed, and we'll move on.

Post into oblivion? It's in a place where the proper people will see it. Site and Forum feedback, as you are giving, forum feedback.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Don't need to; just because is a hot subject now, it won't be next month.
    If there is a subsection for every time there is an issue the forum would be a mess.

6. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Give a month or a less and people will find something else to gripe about. Then complaining about Maps will be so lame.:rolleyes::D

7. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I kind of agree, but only so i would be less likely to see it than. i have never heard so much about nothing in my life.

8. ghettochris macrumors 6502a

Yeah, there should be a "omg no NFC" and a "Steve would have never allowed the aluminum back" forum too. I just updated and like apple maps better. Lol at the tweakers.

/s

9. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

No.

----------

One section for one app? *lol*

Good luck!

???

10. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

No, I disagree.

Maps is the Apple controversy of the moment and nothing more.

Like all good Apple controversies, it's a legitimate issue. But it will fade like all the others. Over time Apple maps will get better. In reality, we've all had bad experiences with various map apps/sites/devices though the years and somehow we haven't given up on using the web for directions or GPS units for directions, etc. Apple maps will be no different.

It's not like we didn't get something for our trouble. Turn-by-turn directions, mainly. But the app is nicer in general, as well.

11. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I don't see the need for a dedicated maps section. In the course of due time, this issue will become less of an issue. I think the mega-threads in the iOS section are plenty good enough.
    Apple has said they are working on the issues and pledge to resolve them as quickly as they can.

12. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

People clearly have nothing else more important going on in their lives if it matters to them so much.