Isn't it weird people are trying to argue/insult people who got 6+ or the 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone7ate9, Sep 15, 2014.

1. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

Isn't that like arguing or insulting people whether size 8 shoe or size 12 is better?

2. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

People certainly don't do it for the 13 and 15 inch MacBooks, or the iPad Air/Mini. Seems exclusive to the iPhone... I think it's a little more personal than other things.

Smartphones have always ignited some of the harshest fanboy wars.

3. Iphoneguy20 macrumors member

4. PaythePiper macrumors member

It's like a samsung fan boy convention in here

5. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Its more like, size 8 shoe or size 12 shoe, the latter coming with an attached anti-gravity device on the bottom that lets you float a little, just a little.

6. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

The same people that bashed Samsung for making a 5.5" phablet and made fun of people using it are now the people who chose the 6 Plus and now are still bashing Samsung and the iPhone 6.

Basically, they're hypocrites and morons.

7. Savor Suspended

Savor

Yeah it is a bit strange. I never saw threads between iPad vs iPad mini or iPad air owners. Or iPod classic vs iPod nano owners. Or even Galaxy S vs Galaxy Note phone owners.

People should just be happy what they are getting and stop caring what others are buying. No right or wrong here. Only preferences.

8. TheBuffather macrumors 6502

TheBuffather

Most people have a god complex. It's no different than Apple fanboys vs Android fanboys.

9. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

iPhone launch time is silly season around here. Every year. Without fail. It's especially pronounced in non-S years. If it wasn't screen sizes there'd be some other reason to chew each other up. Two years ago it was all mayhem and spilled blood over gold versus grey/silver.

The more things change...

10. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

Some people when confronted with a choice need group acceptance of their choice and the comfort offered by the putting down the other choice - to justify their own choice.

When there is no choice involved, there will be no need to seek that social cushion.

11. Zwhaler macrumors 604

Zwhaler

Yes it is weird!!! Also there are too many threads with OPs trying to reassure themselves on their purchase. Like omgz I'm so glad I didn't get the 6 plus because this this and this. It's like come on just stop! :rolleyes:

12. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

I saw some BRUTAL threads over iPod capacities. "Why would ANYONE need more than 16 gigs of storage?? You must be INSANE if you think you'll EVER fill up 32gig!!! I mean, you'd have to be walkin around with EVERY SONG EVER RECORDED, like some kind of CRAZY PERSON!!!"

Seriously. The exact same sort of thing you're seeing right now. Over storage. In an iPod.

----------

Really? You've been here since '06. You don't remember this happening before? Because I sure do.

13. Nate. macrumors regular

Nate.

People keep saying this but uh, I don't remember that happening... ever... actually.

I've been an iPhone user since the 3G. I hate Samsung's phones, yet, I never hated on the size. I always didn't like something like TouchWiz, or the design of the phone, among other things. I never made fun of the screen size. Now, what do you know, I'm awaiting my IP6+.

14. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

Isn't it weird people are trying to argue/insult people who got 6+ or the 6

It is strange how competitive people have got about 2 sizes of iPhone. We have our own personal reasons for choosing the one we prefer and these often don't apply to anybody else. If it's not Android fans, it's now iPhone users arguing amongst themselves! Get a grip, they are the same phone with their own pro's and con's. The plus has a few features the 6 doesn't, the 6 is smaller and that is a bonus for many people. Just enjoy what you've bought and don't worry about the people you don't actually know lol. :)

15. taedouni macrumors 65816

6+ master race. Just kidding. I don't care what someone else wants. I want this big thing in my pants already!

16. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i don't doubt there were people who bashed samsung for going large, and it's clear to see there are people here embracing the larger screen sizes, but show me these are the same people. i mean, are you actually noting specific users, what they preferred before, and what they're using now?

and, you know, so what? people's tastes change as the trends change. you see it in clothes. you see it in cars, and we're seeing it in phones.

17. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

Ordered one of each. Both look like good phones. Missus prefers one, I prefer the other. Both do the same thing, in difference sizes.

18. tdale macrumors 65816

I think this issue is more about Apple using sizes currently used by Samsung, or Android, so it emanates as an Apple vs Android issue.

On another forum I am on, Ive ranted for a couple of years on screen size. It was anti me. Apple knows better. You get the picture. You probably know what most of those same people are buying??? I don't even need to say! So IMHO its competitor based, hanging on for Apple. I guess why Apple now produced a normal screen and larger screen is another topic altogether, but to me, these arguments are based on Apple's competition.

Aside from that, the obvious disadvantage is portability, but clearly, those like me that will go 5.5, accept that downside, as the upside is far greater. That seems like a reasonable reason, but no, the 4.7'ers, or a small minority of them still argue.

19. Jr1985 macrumors 6502

[/COLOR]
    Evidence please? Sounds like you're just making things up to make yourself feel better about your purchase. Anyway, people can change their mind and/or compromise, you know.

20. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Big shoes?

21. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Which did you go for? The wife didn't want a larger phone but I got her the 6 to let her see it would still fit in her pocket just fine....

As far as people making worthless whiny threads.... this is MR.... as I've said before people can't come on here without asking any number of "which should I....." questions.... Which size should I get.... which color.... I got the 6+ should I change it for a 6?..... hell look at the first page now and see how many "should I" posts there are... almost as many as people making threads bitching about others bitching.

22. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

I like how you say aside of the factor of portability. That's no doubt one of the main reasons why people choose what they choose.

The real problem here is that:

1) 6 Plus users are assuming they are the majority based on how a few posts in this site. Say 200 people ordered the 6 Plus and 140 ordered the 6. That's out of 4 million preorders.

2) Many are the same people that said a 5.5" was stupid and way too large.

There are some 5.5" users who are ok, but the vast majority on here fit in the hypocrite and moron group.

Here's the difference between most iPhone 6 and 6 Plus users:

iPhone 6 users:
    - Respect the choice that 6 Plus users made
    - Know they are missing features like OIS, 1080p HD, better battery
    - Still chose the iPhone 6 because of the portability and screen size

iPhone 6 Plus users:
    - Think iPhone 6 users can't afford the iPhone 6
    - Think iPhone 6 users are impatient and just wanted to get a phone quicker
    - Think they can change someone's opinion
    - Justify their choice with excuses like "I always typed with 2 hands, I'll get this new pouch when I workout, I'll buy this new phablet mount for my car."

23. jmxp69 macrumors 6502

See, the problem is: Those people who think they know everything annoy those of us who actually do. :D:D:D I'm KIDDING!

I don't care what anybody else buys. I'm just happy to have the choice. It doesn't matter to me if the 6+ people made the wrong one. :D:D:D I'm KIDDING!

Seriously though, are they overcompensating? Extra room in their pants for some reason? :D:D:D KIDDING!!!!

Great country ain't it? Freedom to choose. Hope EVERYBODY enjoys their new toy(s) Friday.

24. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

I went for 6+ cos I want to use it as an eBook reader and think I can get away with it replacing a tablet for travel/public transport

She went with 6 cos she thinks 6+ is too large. She lives on the phone and uses it more as a phone so I can understand that.. Maybe u guys are in the same situation

25. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Lol exactly... she was worried about "pock-ability" but I showed her she still had plenty of room with her 5 and it's thinner...... She's going to gush over it (need that water proof sammy now) and I believe it will fit into her pocket just fine.