Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleJuiceBox

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2015
Ive had an iMac with an HDD and always was annoyed by how laggy it was. I thougth that having a computer with SSD would make it very fast.

My Macbook is much faster than my iMAc but there is so little laggy moment when I scroll through iTunes. and it takes couple of seconds to open apps like pages.

I atteched a vid to show you what I mean ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKlKwibj4tM

is this the normal speed of SSD??? Or is this considered slow?

johngwheeler

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010
I come from a land down-under...
This looks OK

Ive had an iMac with an HDD and always was annoyed by how laggy it was. I thougth that having a computer with SSD would make it very fast.

My Macbook is much faster than my iMAc but there is so little laggy moment when I scroll through iTunes. and it takes couple of seconds to open apps like pages.

I atteched a vid to show you what I mean ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKlKwibj4tM

is this the normal speed of SSD??? Or is this considered slow?

The demo video looks reasonable to me. I woudn't expect it to be any faster, to be honest. There is a very slight delay in rendering the album covers in iTunes,but it's a fraction of a second, and can't see that this would really affect real world use.

Pages opened in less than 3 seconds, and opened the document template and the new document in a fraction of a second.

I'd be quite happy with this performance, personally.

Probably, what you see is more to do with the CPU and less due to SSD performance.

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Scrolling though the albums is laggy for me too. It's surprising why Apple didn't implement something to cache the album artwork so they didn't have to reload each time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.