Isn't there a simple way to copy a homemade, unprotected DVD?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by mrzeigler, Jun 5, 2012.

1. mrzeigler macrumors regular

I'm trying to make 22 copies of a short, end-of-school musical slideshow DVD my wife made for her kindergarten class on her iBook in iDVD.

It took a while for her old laptop to burn the first disc, so I figured it would be much quicker to burn all of the other copies on my 2011 iMac. But I'm not sure how to do it.

I thought it would be pretty straightforward (and maybe it is and I just am missing the obvious) ... thought I could copy either through the finder, but when I highlight the DVD in finder, it opens the disc to reveal two folders (Audio_TS and Video_TS).

I also thought I could make copies through Disc Utility but ...

well, the basic point is that is has been YEARS and a few OSes since I've last made copies of a physical disc. Isn't there an easy way to pop a homemade DVD into my superdrive, click copy/burn, eject the source disc and put in blank after blank to make 21 more copies in no time at all?

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

3. mrzeigler thread starter macrumors regular

There we go. Now just have to figure out to make multiple copies one after another instead of inserting the source disc, then blank, then source disc, then blank, then source ...

Thanks for the recommendation.

4. Ricky Smith macrumors regular

If you send me an ISO my company has a 10 disk burner