Iso for parallels

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Thunderboltedge, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Thunderboltedge macrumors regular

Thunderboltedge

i have a question i could not clarify around.

If I aim to install parallels (or amware of similar), i do need a ISO windows.
    Can I use my existing pc running windows 8 to create it and than use it for the virtual machine or this will unable the current pc to run anymore?.

SInce i am giving it away I want to make sure it will still work even having installed the iso of the windows in my mac for the parallels.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Licensing wise you cannot use windows on two computers as you stated. You'll need to buy windows. If you buy it from store.microsoft.com, you can download it as an ISO

3. Thunderboltedge thread starter macrumors regular

Thunderboltedge

Thanks!
    So I need to buy it but i can download in a iso version.
    Since I need it mainly for the suite office to have in the proper way, i am thinking how much all this could be.
    the iso version on windows store is the one named download file exe?

So probably I would go for the virtual box machine not to make all of this too expensive.

Happy new year maflynn

4. shaunp macrumors 65816

If you need Windows just download a 180 trial from MS - these are usually an ISO. If you need a more permanent windows VM running then you will have to buy another license - at least until MS wake up and realise the rest of the industry gives there desktop OS's away for free.