Iso opinions on a upcoming purchase

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TopHatPlus, Aug 6, 2010.

1. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

so i have been looking at purchasing a 15" macbook pro with 2.66 ghz i7 and 8 gb of ram and all that good stuff then i see all this stuff on the sandy bridge processor which os supposed to redefine what labtops can do, i looked up the specs or what people have presumed them to be, and it looks pretty insane with a massive integrated graphics card and the whole bit, but i then have to wait 6 months and hope its as good as they say and hope that mac uses it.

so is there option to trade it in in 6 months? if yes then for how much? i was hoping to buy one computer and that be the end of it but i would consider this if it was just that amazing!!!

2. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Trade in? You can sell the unit on eBay or craigslist if you want to, then just buy the new one.

Sandy bridge isn't going to be so super impressive that it will completely outmode your computer. You still have the 330M which is better than any integrated card you'd get with sandy bridge anyway.

I just say buy it now, the unit is fantastic. And if you REALLY want the unit next year, sell up and upgrade.