Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
I think we just have differing opinions on this issue. I said that I'd rather have no picture than a noisy one generated with a high ISO. You'd rather get the shot than go without or deal with the "subject or camera blur in post" of locking a low ISO. My advice to the original poster was to figure out how he or she feels about this and take action based on that.

Not to disagree with your opinion, but to clarify...
I think a lot depends on what kind of photography is being discussed. If someone is shooting wildlife (as just one example), where there are existing shots of that animal, and the image is going to be used in glossy magazine or framed print, then the image needs to be technically perfect, and any image that doesn't meet this standard is not going to see the light of day. One may as well not bother shooting it.

If the image is of a news worthy event, where the impact is the timing of the shot and timing of the release of the image, then a less than technically perfect shot is entirely acceptable, and it would be better to shoot a noisy image than not shoot all.

imho, of course....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.