Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SCStevens04

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2006
NC
I downloaded Trek..DVD.ISO files, which contains an .dmg, which contains "Audio_TS", "ULEADDMF", "VIDEO_TS", then down to .VOB, .IFO, .BUP files. My IMac's DVD player will play something here (think it's the .dmg).

How do I burn this to a DVD for a conventional player? I tried setting up a new burn folder several different ways but nothing's working. I've also tried to get Handbrake to convert to MP4 so that iDVD can use it but Handbrake keeps dying on me.

Don't worry, these aren't copyrighted downloads!

Thanks,
Andrew

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I think you should be able to just use Disk Utility to burn the DMG file to the DVD (that is, not burn the DMG as a single file on the DVD, but image the DVD with the DMG image file). Burn should be able to do it also (under the Video tab or under the Data tab with the DVD-Video choice, I think). I think maybe where you're getting screwed up is that you have an ISO with a DMG inside it? That's very nonsensical... whoever made that file should be beaten. :p That's like putting on two pairs of pants. The ISO and the DMG serve identical purposes.

In the end state, just so you understand... the VIDEO_TS folder (and anything else at that same level in the image file, including the audio_ts folder, etc) should all appear at the ROOT level of the DVD you burn. They should not be inside any folder or disk image file inside the DVD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.