iSO

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by gw0gvq, Oct 3, 2015.

1. gw0gvq Contributor

gw0gvq

Have bought an imac but want to put Parallels on it. Unfortunately it doesn't have an optical drive and I need an iso. I have a Windows activation code from my disk has anyone any ideas how I can get an iso.?

2. klamathvx macrumors newbie

3. gw0gvq, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015

gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

Thanks , I've sent them an ✉ but they seem backward in coming forward ;-) so to speak.That site looks as though unfortunately if you buy a key only it downloads it because it rejected mine and I know I took it from the DVD

4. austinpike, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015

austinpike macrumors 6502

Microsoft used to make the .iso installs easily available, but took the links down earlier this year.

I've tried using the new download tool with legitimate serial numbers (Win7) and get bizarre options. The next step after it accepts the code is to select the language; it shows French and a dozen other options, but no English. So yeah, not an improvement...

If you still have the DVD you are likely better off just buying an external USB optical drive and install (or make your own ISO) from that. Any generic one should work; don't need the fancy Apple version. Good luck!