ISP problems

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by geezabird, Nov 12, 2011.

1. geezabird macrumors newbie

My little macbook is really winding me up!

For the past 28 hours my internet has been freezing. In the evenings (yesterday and today), it can be as frequently as every 30 seconds to every 30 minutes. I have found the easiest way to fix it is to run a diagnostic test. It says my ISP has failed, but then fixes it and tells me my internet is running normally. Then it freezes again moments later.

I know it's not a problem with the router, the internet, the wifi, etc. My housemates aren't having problems and the internet is working fine on my iPhone and Xbox.
    I've tried restarting my macbook, forgetting the network then joining again, but nothing seems to work. The longest I've been connected to the internet uninterrupted for the past 28 hours has been about 45 minutes. Unfortunately, I am one of the least technical people ever so I don't know what else to do!

Can anyone help a damsel in distress please?

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

Try it out somewhere else, like at a local coffee shop. If it works there, then it really is something about your local network. If it doesn't then it's specific to the machine itself.