Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Many here will have suffered the national Virgin Media outages over the last 5 days, effecting not only Broadband, but television services too (this issue remains "ongoing") I was personally dumped out for 3 days, my only internet access via my iPhone, or tethering which I did in the end.

Would it be an idea to have a subsection of the Buying Advice area covering ISP's comparing price / performance and reliability etc?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Or you could check out this website.

Been there, I was thinking of something in here...VM have really hit the news in the UK...The CS is impossible to reach, and yesterday they even clsoed down the direct email contact section...I would be happy to try another FIOS provider if one existed in my area...There isn't one...BT Open Reach have never cabled my area so VM or nothing. My major gripe is the lack of information...Okay, servers break, power goes out etc., but this is the worst they have ever had.

I sent a personal email to the head of customer relations, but expect nothing back bar a stock "sorry for the trouble" type of thing.

Idea is using social media like these boards / Twitter etc, bad and good can be revealed for what they are. ISP's do take note of bad press wherever it may appear. I started a direct Twitter conversation on the VM feed, and that went viral in 5 mins. Take any notice? Time will tell. The internet is my workplace, without it I can't do a lot of day to day stuff. I tethered my phone and went `WAY over my cap....It seems reasonable that VM should foot these costs.....WIll they? I'd be amazed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.