iSquint converting very slow :(

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Yamcha, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Yamcha macrumors 68000

Hi Guys,

I'm using iSquint to convert a 158MB file to MP4, it says 94 Minutes? Thats insanely slow, when my pc was running Snow Leopard it would do it in 2minutes.. Whats going on?

Is this normal?

2. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

what machine are you using and what other processes are running? video converting primarily uses cpu, have you tried using handbrake?

3. Yamcha thread starter macrumors 68000

IMAC 21.5"
    3.06GHz INTEL CORE 2 DUO
    1920 x 1080 RESOLUTION
    4GB MEMORY
    500GB HARD DRIVE
    8x DOUBLE-LAYER SUPER DRIVE
    NVIDIA GEFORCE 9400M GRAPHICS

Those are my specs, I'm watching a 720P movie while converting, but I've tried it with everything closed.. same situation.. I will try another video file and see if it makes a difference..

4. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

blimey it shouldnt be taking that long, try using handbrake. i've never really used iSquint so, cant really comment on how it works.

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Besides what Mac you have, what Mac OS X does it run (I see now, but what specs did the pC have?) and have you taken a look at Activity Monitor to see if iSquint even uses all available CPU cycles?

Have you tried MPEG Streamclip?

What codec and format does the source have and what codec do you convert it to?

.mp4 is only a container for some codecs like H263/4.

6. Yamcha thread starter macrumors 68000

Nevermind guys, the problem is related to the file I was converting i think.. I've tried different 180MB file and it takes only 2 min..

Thanks for your help:]