iSquint Help...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dKran, Oct 5, 2007.

1. dKran macrumors member

Hey.
    So in iSquint, there is only the "Convert for iPod" option, and the "Convert for TV" option. The resolution on the iPod one is only 320X240, TV is 640X480 (I believe). Is there any way to get it to the iPod Touch resolution without using the manual settings (Since i do not know the exact resolution the video should be to retain aspect ratio)
    sorry if it sounds confusing, but thats for any help!

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

You can only do it in the manual settings, but its easy. The specs are on the Apple iPod touch specs page;

3. dKran thread starter macrumors member

thanks, i know the screen resolution,but videos have different resolutions right, and so if you just used those settings, it would mess with the aspect ratio of them. any other ideas?

4. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

ah... i see what your saying. At this point in time, it looks like iSquint can't automatically maintain the aspect ratio. I don't know of any other programs, so the best you can do in the meantime is to manually figure out the aspect ratio, and fire an email off to Techspansion about the issue.

Also, have a look at Visualhub. I haven't used it, but it might have the features iSquint lacks.

5. daibach macrumors member

I don't use iSquint, but both those resolutions (iPod 320X240, TV 640X480) should play on your Touch.

Although the Touch's screen is 480x320 it will play videos up to a maximum resolution of 640x480. If the video is wider than 640 or taller than 480 iTunes won't synch it to the Touch.

Personally I encode all my videos at 640x480 since I also watch them on my TV.

6. Merkuryy macrumors regular

Merkuryy

Yeah,all video converting software don't support iPod Touch resolutions converting, but you can both watch video in 320*240 or 640*480. Same for my "TubeTV", which directly convert YouTube Video

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

thats a strange statement. all video converting app support every thing, maybe some of them do not have iPT's res as "pre-set", but almost all of them offers advanced settings you can set for yourself.