iSquint Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mopje, Oct 25, 2008.

1. mopje macrumors newbie

I downloaded a .flv video, I put it through iSquint and it came out as a quicktime with audio with no video. Whats the problem here?
    Thanks.

2. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

What do you mean by no video? Has iSquint generated an audio file, or is it a video file with solid black (or whatever) where the video should be?

3. applefan1997 macrumors 6502

It might depend where it was downloaded from. Try doing it again. Are the iSquint settings default?

4. mopje thread starter macrumors newbie

Its a video from facebook. When I go to play it it is just a small box with audio going but no video,it isnt black there is just nothing there.

5. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

Have you tried playing the downloaded .flv in something like VLC player?

6. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

haha, This is no problem. You may need the original FLV to re-do it, I'm not sure if it will work with the one that appears to have no picture.

The problem (as I interpret it) is that you did not check the "H.264 Encoding" option. If you move the movie file into iTunes, there should be video, however Finder, Quicktime, and even Front Row will not play it. I believe it will work on the iPod though.

Drag the file back in, and check the "H.264 Encoding" thing, and see if that fixes it. I had a similar problem and figured out that the H.264 is a quicktime codec, and apparently without it, the mac won't play the video. There also appears to be different kinds of H.264 codecs, one is normal, the other is designed more for ipod, which is probably what it did.