Israel iPhone 4 carrier?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by goobot, Jul 31, 2010.

1. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Well I'm going to Israel in 2 weeks and will prob bring my iPhone 4. The dev team is already done with the unlock and comex is almost done with the jailbreak. My question is what carriers will support the iPhone 4? And which ones would I not need a contract? What data and minute plans do they have? Also text plans. Also do they have micro sims?

Thanks.

2. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

http://www.israelsims.com/simcards.html

Choose one of the two. Either will support the iPhone, but you shouldn't plan on using data while abroad (although the frequencies do apparently support 3G).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Micro-Sim-Card-...ewItem&pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item2eaec526ce

This will cut the regular SIM card into a Micro SIM which will work on the iPhone. You can also cut it yourself using a guide like the one below. However, it may not be as successful.

http://www.ihackintosh.com/2010/04/convert-mini-sim-in-to-micro-sim-for-ipad-3g-yourself/

Now, don't be 100% confident the jailbreak will be released by the time you leave for Israel. I find that it's never good to rely on the Dev Team or others for the unlock/jailbreak, because they need to take their time in order for it to function properly. It may be well over a month before it's released. This is just a heads up, for all I know it may be released tomorrow.

3. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Either Cellcom, Orange or Pelephone will work fine. I've used both Cellcom and Orange myself. You'll have to ask a representative about texting and data as I don't remember the pricing. I had a data plan with my previous phone, an HTC Touch Pro, through Cellcom for a while and it worked OK although where I was living at the time did not get great reception. You might need a contract even with your own phone but IIRC the ETF should not be too bad. Prepaid os an option but it's expensive. Let me know if you have any other questions.

4. goobot thread starter macrumors 603

goobot

Next to both their data plans is has a amout of money. Now does that come with it or do I need to buy the data separate?

5. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

6. goobot thread starter macrumors 603

goobot

What type of data plans? Like 200mb ect?

7. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

IIRC I believe I had an unlimited plan when I was with Cellcom. I don't think you'll have any trouble getting a decent plan with a postpaid account but prepaid may be another story.