Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

antisomnic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 6, 2012
Rochester, NY
Hey guys,
I am trying downgrade my iPhone XS Max from 12.1.3 to 12.1.2. I have the ipsw downloaded, but when I put my phone into restore or dfu mode and go to hit option + restore, I do not get the file window open to select the ipsw file, it just goes to restore 12.1.3

does anyone know why this is happening?

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Hey guys,
I am trying downgrade my iPhone XS Max from 12.1.3 to 12.1.2. I have the ipsw downloaded, but when I put my phone into restore or dfu mode and go to hit option + restore, I do not get the file window open to select the ipsw file, it just goes to restore 12.1.3

does anyone know why this is happening?
You do not have this option if you are on a Mac because of an iTunes bug in latest macOS and beta that prevents using IPSW but you can use it on Windows

Reactions: antisomnic

Minorite

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2018
Poland
You do not have this option if you are on a Mac because of an iTunes bug in latest macOS and beta that prevents using IPSW but you can use it on Windows

Is that really a bug and not permanent design change in latest update?

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
It’s not a bug but iTunes. The recent update has eliminated the possibility to downgrade firmwares. Need to download a lower version of iTunes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.